Daily Current Affairs 27/04/2019
1.Former Army chief Dalbir Singh Suhag has been appointed as India's next high commissioner to Seychelles.
2.India's Divya Kakran and Manju Kumari bagged bronze medals for the country in the women's competition of the Asian Wrestling Championships.
3.Siddhartha Mohanty took over as the chief operating officer of LIC Housing Finance.
4.UNICEF and NITI AAYOG have tied up for children empowerment
5.Rana Dasgupta has won the 2019 Tagore Literary Prize.
6.India's ace cueist Pankaj Advani defeated Ehsan Heydari Nezhad of Iran 6-4 to claim the inaugural Asian Snooker Tour title.
7.According to RBI Report, Customer complaints against banks has been increased 24.9% in Financial Year 2017-18.
8.Indian Food and Film Festival was organised in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
9.Israel has decided to name Golan Heights after US President Donald Trump.
Daily Current Affairs 26/04/2019
1. The Reserve Bank of India has exited the National Housing Bank (NHB) and the National Bank for Agriculture & Rural Development (Nabard), by selling its entire stakes to government for Rs 1,450 crore and Rs 20 crore, respectively, making them fully government-owned now.
2. PU Chitra defended her 1500m title to give India its third gold medal while Ajay Kumar Saroj and Dutee Chand won a silver and a bronze in men's 1500m and women's 200m respectively on the fourth and final day of the Asian Athletics Championships.
3. Indian Coast Guard Ship C-441 has been commissioned at Vizhinjam harbour.
4. Karnam Sekar, Dena Bank’s former Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO), has been appointed as the MD and CEO of Indian Overseas Bank.
5. A Pakistani journalist, Cyril Almeida has won the World Press Freedom Hero award of The International Press Institute (IPI) for his "critical" and "tenacious coverage" of the civil-military relations in Pakistan.
6. All India Radio, Publication Division and Children’s Film Society of India were given Swacchta Pakhwada Awards-2019 in New Delhi.
7. Abu Dhabi International Book Fair and the India Pavilion was inaugurated by UAE’s Deputy Prime Minister Saif bin Zayed Al Nahyan.
8. The world’s first malaria vaccine RTS-S has been launched in the African nation Malawi.
9. Legendary Indian tennis player Vijay Amritraj, former Test cricketer V V Kumar and Asian Games gold medalist R Gnanasekaran would be honoured with lifetime achievement awards by the Tamil Nadu Sports Journalists' Association (TNSJA).